Workshop on GIS and Its Applications
Value Addition Course Classroom Online
Duration: 16 hours
GIS have become a tool with widespread use in developmental applications. The power of a GIS can have a positive influence in community based planning and scientific decision making for developmental activities. In this workshop, you will learn about basic GIS concepts including spatial data structures, data sources and transfer methods, projections and coordinate systems, geo-referencing, metadata, querying, analysis along with hand on exercise on GIS software.
What you will learn
- What is GIS and how it works
- Understand the technical term of GIS and QGIS UI
- Introduction to GIS, Application of GIS
- GIS techniques and technologies, CAD drawings, Map overlay
- Data representation: topographical modelling, map overlay, vector and raster data
- Know relating the information from different sources
- Spatial and non-spatial analysis
- Map composition, printing and exporting map
Who should attend
- Students and professional, interested to know GIS and its applications.
Who Should Attend
- Basic knowledge of windows operating system
College workshops are conducted at college premises for their students only. These workshops and seminars help colleges to increase their placement records and give exposure to students of cutting edge technologies and earn job skills.